Ever wished your dishwasher could do more? It turns out there’s a lot dishwashers can do – and it doesn’t all involve washing!
Here are six ways to put your dishwasher to work beyond washing dishes.
1. Steam fish filets. Steaming fish in your dishwasher is simple. Just season your favorite fish, wrap it up in aluminum foil, set it in the top rack, and run it through a normal wash cycle – without the soap of course.
2. Wash baseball caps. Over time, baseball caps can get dirty and faded. Washing them in a regular washing machine often leads to misshapen, messy caps. Instead of tossing them in your wash machine, place them on the top rack of your dishwasher and run them on a normal wash and dry cycle.
3. Clean footwear. Have flip flops or rain boots in need of cleaning? Don’t just hose them down – hang them from the top rack and run them through a cycle. Be sure to take the linings out first.
4. Wash tools. Sometimes tools collect dirt and other gunk. To get them clean, put them anywhere in your dishwasher. Any metal and plastic tools are fine – but keep the wooden handled tools out.
5. Sterilize toys. Kids put their toys through the ringer, and they usually end up covered in germs. You can sanitize those action figures and plastic blocks with a run through the dishwasher. Put small items in mesh bags or the cutlery basket and set your dishwasher to sanitize.
6. Clean your dishwasher – with Kool-Aid. Your dishwasher might not seem like a dirty appliance, but it can gather lime deposits and iron stains. To clean it, put a packet of Kool-Aid Lemonade in the detergent dispenser and run a normal cycle.
If your dishwasher or other appliances need a check up, contact Allen & Sons. We’ll keep them running in their best possible condition.
First seen @dishwashersinfo.com
Please ‘Like’ us on Facebook @allenandsonsrepairs
For all your appliance repair needs, contact Allen & Sons at 800.828.0887